Each month, we feature a different creative business owner who exudes the #boldboss vibe: confident, encouraging, authentic, courageous, and wholeheartedly passionate about positively influencing women. Today, I’m excited to introduce Ashley, whom I have loved and admired for years.
Name: Ashley Beaudin
Biz: Ashley Beaudin
Title: Heart Encourager + Speaker to Creative Women
1. Please start by telling us a little bit about yourself and your small business!
My name is Ashley and I am a heart encourager, speaker and coach to creative women. I’ve got this thing about empowering women to create amazing lives and businesses using more heart, vulnerability and community. I also run a movement called #theimperfectboss that is liberating thousands of women from perfect.
2. Can you tell us what your favorite things are about your part of the world, and what we can expect if we visit you someday?
I’m in Canada and live in the nation’s capital. I love it! I adore the people, the old buildings and all things poutine (seriously fries, gravy and cheese, I mean really). When you visit me, I’ll take you out for some Canadian food, show you our beautiful Parliament and have a heart to heart with you over coffee and a beavertail (like funnel cake) in the market.
3. Do you have any tips for your fellow bosses? What are your fave cameras, supplies and equipment to use for your projects?
My biggest tip for my fellow bosses is to get out of your own way and do the work that your heart is leading to you with confidence. Get convicted about it because you have what it takes. Some of my fave equipment I use are my Macbook Air, Blue Yeti mic, Logitech web cam, Canon Rebel, + load of bright colored paper goods.
4. What are your other hobbies and passions outside of entrepreneurship?
I love meeting people! I love just sitting over a meal and getting to know another human heart. I also get weak in the knees for the movies, the spa and journalling.
5. What are your future plans in business and in life?
My big dreamy vision is to be an inspirational force for women, speaking and writing books, as well as gathering women in person in community experiences that transform them inside out.
6. What’s your favorite thing about social media and the internet? What’s your biggest challenge?
My favorite thing by far is how it has allowed me to create my dream job, connect with some amazing women and ultimately, spread kindness and encouragement. My biggest challenge has been dealing with online criticism and people who are braver behind a keyboard with their mean words. I’ve learned it is never really about me, but probably because of the sting of their own pain.
7. What’s your personal philosophy or belief system?
My personal belief system is simply to leave people more encouraged than how I found them.
8. What do you love most about being part of the #boldboss community?
I love being part of a passionate and brazen community that is going for their dreams. Heart eyes, for real.
9. What’s the most important lesson you‘ve ever learned in life?
By far, it is to deal with my own personal pain as quickly as possible. That stuff will come up in you no matter how hard you try and stuff it down. Face it. Feel it. Hold it with compassion. Let it go. This changes everything.
10. What song do we all need to listen to… right now!?
Ooooh! I vote for ‘Brave’ by Sara Bareilles. I know it has been played a lot, but let it speak courage into you anyway.